Duration: Five days
Class Size: Maximum of four students
Materials: $185 for each coffee table, $155 for each end table
The Rafter Tail Table is an original design by Darrell. It combines classic Greene & Greene features along with an extra dose of Asian influences. I would be well placed in a contemporary setting just as well as an Arts & Crafts environment.
In this five-day class, students will build two rafter tail tables: one end table and one coffee table, or both can be coffee tables or end tables. Wooden tops will be made in class but the design lends itself to glass or other material as well. Note that only wood tops will be provided.
CNC-made jigs and templates will be used to construct the tables and will be made available for purchase at the end of the class.
The major joinery will be done on the multi-router using floating tenons. The rafter tail grid work will be done with a half lap joint on the table saw with a dado head. Students will get plenty of practice making ebony plugs as well as faux exposed tenons.
Please join us for this fun and productive class.
- Measuring tools – squares, tape measure
- Steel hammer
- Small plastic-headed mallet
- Very small square (3″ or so) or square saddle
- 3/16” Lee Valley square punch (with 4” or longer 9/64” twist bit)
- 1/4” Lee Valley square punch (with 4”or longer 13/64” twist bit)
- Small chisels
- Besides bringing a notebook, feel free to bring along a camera to make a visual record of the jigs and setups that you use in class
- Any other tools you regularly use and are comfortable with
Contact Darrell to enroll in this class or be put on a waiting list. You may also call Darrell directly at (425) 277-4070 between the hours of 7:00 am and 3:00 pm (Pacific Time).