Skill Level Required: Advanced (Please contact Darrell if you are doubt regardng your skill level)
Duration: Seven days
Class Size: Maximum of four students
- March 13th – 20th (7 day class with Friday the 17th off) – CLASS FULL
This three-drawer nightstand project, which is heavily inspired by Greene & Greene, offers the challenge of precision drawer construction and fitting as well as the opportunity to practice and perfect several traditional G &G details. All the hardware for this project, including the drawer runners and stops, will be shop-made as part of the project.
In this advanced-skills class, subjects covered will include drawer construction, drawer fitting and hanging, G&G bread board ends (including ebony spline), ebony plugs, cloud lifts and G&G finger joints.
- Measuring tools – squares, tape measure
- Steel hammer
- Small plastic-headed mallet
- Small adjustable square (4″ or so) or square saddle
- Dental pick (not necessary, but might be helpful)
- 1/4” Lee Valley square punch with 4” (or longer) 13/64” twist bit
- 5/16” Lee Valley square punch 17/64” twist bit
- 3/8” Lee Valley square punch 21/64” twist bit
- Small chisels
- Besides bringing a notebook, feel free to bring along a camera to make a visual record of the jigs and setups that you use in class
Contact Darrell to enroll in this class or be put on a waiting list. You may also call Darrell directly at (425) 277-4070 between the hours of 7:00 am and 3:00 pm (Pacific Time).