Skill Level Required: Advanced (Please contact Darrell if you are doubt regardng your skill level)
If you are in doubt regarding your ability to tackle this project – the Arched Aurora Nightstand class would be a good starter.
Duration: Seven days
Class Size: Maximum of four students ( this class will not increase to five students )
Materials: $440 (tax included)
April 23rd – 30th Full
May 7th – 14th One Space Available
7 working Days (with 1 day off mid week)
This three-drawer nightstand project, which is heavily inspired by Greene & Greene, offers the challenge of precision drawer construction and fitting as well as the opportunity to practice and perfect several traditional G &G details. All the hardware for this project, including the drawer runners and stops, will be shop-made as part of the project.
In this advanced-skills class, subjects covered will include drawer construction, drawer fitting and hanging, G&G bread board ends (including ebony spline), ebony plugs, cloud lifts and G&G finger joints.
Templates to build a 2nd nightstand (at home) will be available for purchase.
- Measuring tools – squares, tape measure
- Steel hammer
- Small plastic-headed mallet
- Small adjustable square (4″ or so) or square saddle
- Dental pick (not necessary, but might be helpful)
- 1/4” Lee Valley square punch with 4” (or longer) 13/64” twist bit
- 5/16” Lee Valley square punch 17/64” twist bit
- 3/8” Lee Valley square punch 21/64” twist bit
- Small chisels
- Besides bringing a notebook, feel free to bring along a camera to make a visual record of the jigs and setups that you use in class
Open enrollment begins October 23rd (October 20th for prior students)
Conttact Darrell to enroll in this class or be put on a waiting list. You may also call Darrell directly at (425) 277-4070 between the hours of 7:00 am and 3:00 pm (Pacific Time).